BRINGING YOU INFORMATION.  PROVIDING YOU A PLATFORM.

 

 
THE PHARMA REVIEW (JANUARY - FEBRUARY 2013)

Evaluation of Efficacy of a Poly Herbal Formulation for Leucoderma - A Review

Dr. B.P Gupta, Dr. Nitika Kohli, Sanchit Sharma & Charu Pahuja

Introduction: Leucoderma is a Greek word meaning white skin. Bars is an Arabic word for vitilgo.Vitiligo is a Latin word meaning skin eruption and refers to idiopathic de-pigmentation of skin which is usually progressive. Leucoderma is wide spread on the world map in its prevalence. India is on top having high incidence of this disease1. A newer poly component herbal formulation for promising treatment of Leucoderma, both for topical and oral use has been formulated and evaluated for efficacy, safety and non-toxicity by Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO). The clinical study carried out at Govt. District Hospital, Pittoragarh, showed that 65% of patients completely recovered while the rest 35% were in the phase of recovery during the clinical study period of 90-750 days4. Toxicity study of oral liquid suggested LD50 to be above 5.0 g/kg with no significant difference in feed and water intake and general behavior of treated group7. Acute dermal toxicity and skin sensitization test revealed the drug to be safe and non-irritating in guinea pigs6. The studies have been further supported by other clinical experiences as well.

 

 

Go to Content Index Page

PHARMA REVIEW - ARTICLES ARCHIVE ( COMPLETE LIST)

 

The above content is an abstract only. For the full Article please contact:
KONGPOSH Publications Pvt. Ltd.
ICS House, C-19, Commercial Complex, SDA, Opp. IIT Gate, New Delhi, India -110016
Tel.: 26855839, 9811195411
Email: kongposhpub@gmail.com, Website: http://www.kppub.com

 
 
 
 

Copyright KONGPOSH PUBLICATIONS Pvt. Ltd.